Wednesday, March 27, 2013

When will you take post coital pill?


When will you take post coital pill?

post coital pill
The post coital pill or emergency contraceptive pill (ECP) is approved for over-the-counter use by women over 17 years of age. Younger ones need to contact a health care provider for prescriptions. It is also called the morning-after pill or Plan B One-Step.  It should be taken immediately after an unprotected sex to protect the woman from getting pregnant. Though it works up to 72 hours after sex, it works best within 12 hours of unprotected sex. Emergency contraceptive pills (EPC)
have synthetic hormones that mimic the hormones that are produced by a woman’s body. The pill can thicken the cervical mucus and can prevent ovulation. It can also change the lining of the uterus to prevent implantation thus no result of pregnancy. ECP does not cause abortion.
It is important to use emergency contraceptive pill if any of the following occurred: (1) condom broke or came off, (2) any missed birth control pills in the current cycle, (3) unprotected vaginal intercourse, (4) diaphragm slips out of place, (5) woman’s “safe days” were miscalculated, (6) after sexual assault or rape. It is advisable to not take the pills on empty stomach. When taken 24 hours after intercourse, it can reduce the risk by 95%.
Post coital pill may also have side effects such as fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting and changes in menstrual bleeding. After using the pill, the next menstrual cycle may start earlier or later than usual and the menstrual flow might be lighter or heavier than usual. Most women get their period within 7 days of the expected date. Some may also experience spotting after taking the post coital pill. Since taking the pill can delay ovulation, the risk of pregnancy during the first few days of treatment is expected.
The emergency contraceptive pill is less effective at preventing pregnancies compared to other oral contraceptives. It should not be used as a routine birth control method as well. ECP is effective only for that particular act of sexual intercourse. It will not provide any protection against pregnancy for previous acts of unprotected intercourse. Also, it will not provide protection during the remainder of the menstrual cycle. Thus, it is very important to use a constant method of birth control.
To make sure, a pregnancy test must be done if no period occurs within 3 weeks of using the emergency contraceptive pill. Take precautionary measures if early signs of pregnancy are present. 

4 comments:

  1. Using pill is well protective & improves the energy to human body. So I want to gain the knowledge on that with details please suggest me. If you really want to buy sex pills for your improvement of body then just go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being with us. Share if you find the article helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!



    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!


    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete