Sunday, March 24, 2013

Risk factors for the development of cervical carcinoma


Risk factors for the development of cervical carcinoma

cervical carcinoma
The second most common female malignancy in the world is cervical carcinoma. There are approximately 500,000 new cases each year. It is also considered as the third most common cause of female mortality.  Although it is the most preventable type of cancer, about 300,000 women worldwide die because of cervical cancer.
 Cervical cancer risk factor increases the chance of getting the disease but does not guarantee that cervical cancer will develop. Some of the risk factors such as
smoking and sexual behavior can be avoided, but family history and age are out of control. 
Predominant risk factor to cervical cancer development is infection by the human papilloma virus (HPV). There are over 100 different strains of HPV. It can infect the surface of the skin, mouth, throat, genitals and anus. At present, there is no cure for HPV infection but there are ways to treat the abnormal cell growth that HPV causes.
Smoking is a great factor in causing cervical cancer. By-products of tobacco have been found in the cervical mucus of women who smoke. The carcinogens in cigarettes can cause damage to cervical cells. According to studies, smoking can accelerate the cervical damage caused by HPV. It also weakens the immune system, thus less effective in fighting HPV infections.
Sexual history plays a big part in increasing the risk of developing HPV. Having multiple sexual partners and sexual intercourse at age 17 years or younger are at higher risk. Sexual activity with multiple partners has a great percentage to acquire sexually transmitted diseases that may prolong HPV infection.
Cervical cancer is said to be hereditary. It is estimated that first degree relative (mother or sister) who has had cervical cancer can increase the chance of developing the disease 2 to 3 times higher compared to those who don’t have any history of the disease.
Oral contraceptives that are used for more than 5 years are also at risk. Also, multiple full-term pregnancies (3 or more) can increase the risk though no further study was conducted to prove this. One theory is that pregnant women have weak immune system, allowing for HPV infection and cancer growth. Another thought is that hormonal changes during pregnancy can make the women susceptible to HPV infection.
Between 1940 and 1971, diethylstilbestrol (DES) -- an estrogen related drug was used for women who were at high risk of having miscarriage. DES daughters are at risk of developing pre-cancers of the cervix related to HPV. DES is no longer prescribed.
It is important for women to get regular Pap tests to detect cervical cancer early.

3 comments:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!


    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Ero for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month i was sick because of this, then i contacted eromosalelovespell@outlook.com for help, he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. then he cast a spell of return back of love on him. And he came back home and ask for forgiveness and today we are happy again,Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.eromosalelovespell@outlook.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195


    I really want to thank Dr Ero for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month i was sick because of this, then i contacted eromosalelovespell@outlook.com for help, he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. then he cast a spell of return back of love on him. And he came back home and ask for forgiveness and today we are happy again,Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.eromosalelovespell@outlook.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello, i am Jessica Wayne from TX, USA. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children I am so happy to get my Ex back through the help of Dr Noble the spell caster . My greatest surprise was that 48 hours after the Doctor prepared the spell for me, my husband who has abandoned me for 4 years suddenly called me unexpectedly and am so happy that we have come to become one again through the help of Dr Noble and am so happy to be with my husband once again. Dr Noble is a very wonderful spell caster, you can contact him if you need his assistant because i know he can also help you. contact him through his email: templeofjoyandprosperity@gmail.com immediately

    ReplyDelete