Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hormonal methods of contraception


Hormonal methods of contraception

Hormonal methods of contraception
Due to the variety of options available, woman experienced difficulty in which birth control method to use. In order to choose which the best one is, some factors are to consider. Affordability, convenience, efficacy, duration of action, advantages, side effects and protection from sexually transmitted diseases are some of these. Each woman, including their partners can decide which method to use. Hormonal contraception contains estrogen and progesterone, or progesterone only.
Hormonal contraceptives can interfere with the normal monthly cycle when taken correctly. It works by: (1) preventing the lining of the womb from growing to avoid
implantation, (2) thickening the mucus in the cervix so it will be difficult for the sperm to enter the uterus, (3) preventing ovulation.  Some of the hormonal contraceptive available for women includes combined oral contraceptive pill, progesterone-only pill, contraceptive patches, injections, implants, vaginal contraceptive ring and intrauterine device (IUD).
Oral contraceptives are in a tablet form that has two types. First, the combined oral contraceptive pill (or “the pill”). It contains two hormones – progesterone and estrogen. The combined oral contraceptive can help manage menstrual cramps or pain (dysmenorrhea), iron-deficiency anemia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and ovarian and endometrial cancer. Second is progesterone-only pill (or the “mini pill”). This is recommended by the physicians if the woman is not suitable to take the combined pill. This is also safe for breastfeeding mothers.
The contraceptive patches are worn for three weeks on the upper arm, abdomen, hip, upper back or shoulder, and should be replaced weekly. During the fourth week, no patch is worn and the menstrual period occurs. Similar to oral contraceptives, skin patches contain estrogen and progesterone that is released in the bloodstream.
Injectable birth control is a hormone injection that contains estrogen and progesterone and provides long-lasting contraception. It is injected into the buttocks or upper arm once every three months. It prevents pregnancy immediately and is safe for breastfeeding mothers. However, long-acting injections can cause irregular periods.
An implant is made of narrow flexible rods and is inserted under the skin into the upper inner arm. It constantly releases progestin that provides three years protection from pregnancy. It is considered to be one of the most effective methods of birth control for it is of use within 24 hours of insertion. Side effects are mood changes, breast tenderness and headache.
Intrauterine devices are made of plastic T-shaped that is placed in the uterus. It releases progesterone that can protect from pregnancy for up to five years. Though it is not affected by other medicines, it can cause uterine infection in the first 20 days after insertion.
Hormonal birth control does not increase the risk of infertility. The effect of the contraception varies on some individual factors including the length of time to become pregnant after the use of hormonal method of birth control.

2 comments:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Ero for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month i was sick because of this, then i contacted eromosalelovespell@outlook.com for help, he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. then he cast a spell of return back of love on him. And he came back home and ask for forgiveness and today we are happy again,Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.eromosalelovespell@outlook.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195



    I really want to thank Dr Ero for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month i was sick because of this, then i contacted eromosalelovespell@outlook.com for help, he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. then he cast a spell of return back of love on him. And he came back home and ask for forgiveness and today we are happy again,Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.eromosalelovespell@outlook.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195

    ReplyDelete