Sunday, April 7, 2013

Complication of BCG vaccine


Complication of BCG vaccine
Complication of BCG vaccine

BCG vaccine is used to prevent tuberculosis related to meningitis as well as disseminated TB in humankind. Although severe cases of complication of BCG vaccine are rare, there are selected cases where acute reactions have been observed.  These cases include a situation where a test was carried out on a patient with erythematous (7-mm) nodule at 4cm – distance from the vaccination site. During this test, histopathologically, a reaction (necrotizing granulomatous) pattern was observed in the dermis.

In this study, although there was detection of acid fast bacilli in complimentary stainings, the lesion was suspected to have been caused by the mycobacterium bovis attenuated strains from the BCG vaccine – leading to a specific complication referred to as BCG-itis. After carrying out an excisional biopsy, without further treatment, the lesion disappeared.
In most cases, lack of clear knowledge on the complication of BCG vaccine and related lesions and how they can be dealt with, stands out as the main problem facing the victims. There is evidence that the definition of the BCG treatment complication has been poorly stated.
In a population surveillance study carried our to determine the rate and range of complication of BCG vaccine in Ireland, showed that 58 victims exhibited a 13 week median post inoculation; 32 were found with suppurative adenitis; site abscess was recorded in 17 patients; 3 were found with both inoculation site abscess as well as the suppurative adenitis while six came out clear of non-suppurative adenopathy.
In this case, the entire complication of BCG vaccine rate was approximately put at 1 out of 931 vaccinated patients with one out one thousand five hundred and forty-three reported as having developed the suppurative adenitis complication. Out of these, the number of infants required to undergo surgery were 26.
In these illustrations, it is clear that hospitals play a vital role in sentimental surveillance and provision of important highlights. It is therefore necessary to have an effective and responsive system to assist in the adverse event reports. 

1 comment:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!



    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete