Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Side Effects of Oral Combined Pill


Side Effects of Oral Combined Pill


Oral combined pill is one of the artificial methods for reproductive life planning. This is also called the hormonal contraceptive which is as the name implies causing hormones that regulate the normal menstrual cycle to fluctuate. The combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP), often referred to as the birth-control pill or simply as "the Pill", is a birth control method that is composed of varying amounts of synthetic estrogen combined with a small amount of synthetic progesterone. Estrogen is a hormone that suppresses the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) thereby suppressing ovulation. Progesterone on the other hand
permits sperm cells from meeting the egg cells by decreasing the permeability of the cervical layer. Progesterone also causes the decreased possibility of an implantation.

Oral contraceptives also have non-contraceptive benefits such as decreased dysmenorrheal because of lack of ovulation and decreased formation of acne because of increased progesterone levels. There is also less occurrence of iron deficiency anemia because of the reduced amount of menstrual flow. The incidence of acute pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), endometrial and ovarian cancer, ovarian cysts, and ectopic pregnancies, cyst on the breast, osteoporosis, uterine tumors and rheumatoid arthritis may also be prevented. And because estrogen interferes with lipid metabolism, it may lower the concentration of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and increase the concentration of high-density lipoproteins (HDL).

Like anything beneficial, the wonders of oral contraceptive pills also have some side effects. Most common side effect is abnormal vaginal bleeding or spotting outside menstrual period that later progress into amenorrhea. Other side effects of oral contraceptives include nausea, weight gain, migraine, liver damage, visual changes, headache, breast tenderness, vaginal infections, mild hypertension and depression. There are also some allergic responses to oral contraceptives. Combined oral contraceptives increase the risk of venous thromboembolism (including deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)). These blood clots can cause permanent disability or death. Excess estrogen, such as from birth control pills, appears to increase cholesterol levels in bile and decrease gallbladder movement, which can lead to gallstones. Early studies of birth control pills found that breastfed infants have lower weight gains when the mother was taking an oral contraceptive because the estrogen content decreased the woman’s milk supply.
Despite the aforementioned adverse effects of oral contraceptive pills, it is generally accepted by medical authorities that "the health benefits of any method of contraception are far greater than any risks from the method".


2 comments:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!



    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!


    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Gumbla and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Gumbla telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Gumbla on : (greatgumblaspellhome@outlook.com) or thought his website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call or what'sapp him with +2348161850195.. THESE ARE THE THINGS DR GUMBALA CAN
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband....sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete