Monday, April 8, 2013

Hormones that Regulate Menstrual Cycle


Hormones that Regulate Menstrual Cycle


Hormones controlling Menstrual Cycle 
Like any other body processes, hormones are involved at every stage of the menstrual cycle. Hormones work like messengers that travel in the bloodstream to transport signals from one cell to another. During the women’s monthly period, several hormones are responsible for the control of the menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle in women is a recurring process in which the lining of the uterus is prepared for pregnancy, and if pregnancy does not happen, the lining is shed at menstruation.

There are four essential hormones in control namely the Gonadotropic Hormones
which are the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) and the Ovarian Hormone composed of estrogen and progesterone.

The gonatropic hormones are completely responsible for the changes in the ovaries during the menstrual cycle. In fact, the deficiency of it during childhood is the reason why pregnancy until puberty is impossible. As puberty starts, the pituitary gland releases these hormones in increasing quantities. FSH and LH stimulate cell receptors that trigger the growth of the ovaries and other follicles.

During the beginning of the menstrual cycle, the pituitary gland releases FSH and LH which starts the development of one egg in a follicle in one of the ovaries. The ovary then produces oestrogen which causes the repair of the lining of the uterus after the last menstruation. The pituitary now produces LH which causes ovulation which is the release of the ovum from the mature dominant primary follicle. Once the ovum is released, the ruptured follicle, now called the corpus luteum, starts secreting the ovarian hormone, estrogen and progesterone.

Estrogen and progesterone influence the changes that occur in the endometrium, the inner lining of the uterus. In the first half of the cycle before ovulation, the cells of the endometrium grow and proliferate rapidly. The endometrium increases in thickness. There is also an increase in the number of glands and new blood vessels in the endometrium. The glands start to secrete mucus. All these changes occur under the influence of the hormone estrogen.

During the second half of the cycle, after ovulation, the endometrium undergoes further changes under the influence of progesterone. There is marked swelling of the endometrium and growth of new blood vessels. There is a buildup of the endometrium towards the end of the monthly cycle. If the egg is not fertilized, production of estrogen and progesterone stops, the lining of the uterus breaks down and menstruation occurs.




4 comments:

  1. I am deeply concerned about the still increase in population of people living with HSV, HIV, CANCERS, HEPATITIS, STROKES in our society today because of ignorance, to be Frank all this big names are grammars. I saw comments of people DR UTU helped get rid of their diseases, with the increase in population of people living with various diseases and myself as a beneficiary to DR UTU traditional cure I thought I too should reach the world via comment. Many People believed traditional herbs are so primitive and some are even shy to purchase it in public. Some went as far as trashing the legendary name of herbal medicine hiding its numerous advantages and let publicly it disadvantage and yet makes it look big, all this are just for pharmaceutical gain. All pharmaceutical cure are derived from existing traditional herbal cure from ages.
    Yes! I'm here to tell the world the actual FACT! which is; there is herbal cure for herpes, Ebola, HIV, cancers, hepatitis, ulcers, asthma, pile, diabetes and many big names of diseases. all my career I've lived my life believing and making research on this, till I confirmed it four years ago. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! That among many real traditional herbalist Dr Nze Utu Njoku @ (drutuherbalcure) cures this diseases using African traditional herbs. After he cured me four years ago of genital herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and oral herpes patients to him and they are permanently cured. I'm Ethan Oliver from Australia and also a herbal dealer and lover. I'm also a researcher on herbs for good health. Which also include Africa traditional herbal treatment, I support Herbal treatment, cure and vaccines. My view is based on my extensive research over a very long period of time, and my conclusion is, there is cure to all natural diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, using the right medications with the right herbalist. Are you herpes positive and permanently want get rid of this disease or any of this big name diseases don't be scared to save yourself, contact Dr Utu for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart Don't be fooled by selfish people who say, cure is impossible.
    Dr UTU e-mail , 'drutuherbalcure@gmail.com'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still Struggle with Cold Sores, unexpected Outbreak and Herpes Virus? then you don't have to keep waiting for treatment when the is a herbal medicine that cure this virus. I was searching online for Herbal Cure for Herpes Virus when I saw a testimony online about Dr. Akintunde and how he cured a lady of HSV1 with his.
    natural herbal medicine and tested Negative and in less than a month she was cured of this virus. So it took me time to believe that this was true, because my family Doctor tried all his best to get rid of this virus in my body system but yet no cure and I suffered from outbreak and Cold Sores always. I had to contact Dr. Akintunde after I have access his website and i had faith in God that I was going to be fine and free of this virus one day. Finally I contacted Dr. Akintunde on his WhatsApp number that I saw on the testimony post online, and after our conversation the Doctor only promise me that I was going to be cured and free of this virus after taking his natural herbal medicine because I was tired of my situation with this virus it was so distracting to my life and whole family. Later Dr. Akintunde send some Herbal medicine to me through UPS courier service, with instructions on how to used this medicine, to my biggest surprise first week of taking my herbal medication I saw great improvement and I still think that it's a dream but this is real, I now test Negative of this virus today and my blood pressure well regulated now, my family doctor after my test was extremely surprise to see my test result change to HSV1 Negative and no more symptoms, cold sores, sores throat and outbreak again. I wish to tell everyone about this, mostly if you have this virus then do yourself good to contact Dr. Akintunde and see what the Lord can do through this Herbal Doctor's medicine in less than a month. 100% free from herpes Virus. I and my family say "thank you" Sir, for helping my life. You are a blessing to this generation and God will reward you richly

    Email: drakintundehomecare@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number: +234 703 524 5593

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is all i see now big thanks to Dr. Odion from West Africa (NIGERIA), I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease herpes Virus for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks have been my hobby not until this blessed day, I was searching through the Internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr. Odion. from West Africa (NIGERIA) helped someone in curing his herpes Virus . quickly I copied his Whatsapp Contact: +2349019421176 just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did,he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal medication, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just contact him by Email: at [ drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com] whatsapp him on +2349019421176 HIS HAVE THE CURE TO THIS FOLLOWING DEADLY DISEASE [1] Ischemic heart disease [2] Cerebrovascular disease [3] Lower respiratory infections [4] Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [5] Diarrhea diseases [6] Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers [7] Tuberculosis [8] Diabetes mellifluous [9] Hypertension heart disease [10] HIV/AIDS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a Loan?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
    I think you have come to the right place.
    We offer Loans at low interest rate.
    Interested people should please contact us on
    For immediate response to your application, Kindly
    reply to this emails below only.
    Whats app +918256953815
    ushaservicesonline@gmail.com
    Please, do provide us with the Following information if interested.

    1) Full Name:………
    2) Gender:………
    3) Loan Amount Needed:………
    4) Loan Duration:………
    5) Country:………
    6) Home Address:………
    7) Mobile Number:………
    8)Monthly Income:…………………
    9)Occupation:………………………
    )Which site did you here about us…………………

    Thanks and Best Regards.
    ushaservicesonline@gmail.com
    +918256953815

    ReplyDelete