Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hormonal methods of contraception


Hormonal methods of contraception

Hormonal methods of contraception
Due to the variety of options available, woman experienced difficulty in which birth control method to use. In order to choose which the best one is, some factors are to consider. Affordability, convenience, efficacy, duration of action, advantages, side effects and protection from sexually transmitted diseases are some of these. Each woman, including their partners can decide which method to use. Hormonal contraception contains estrogen and progesterone, or progesterone only.
Hormonal contraceptives can interfere with the normal monthly cycle when taken correctly. It works by: (1) preventing the lining of the womb from growing to avoid
implantation, (2) thickening the mucus in the cervix so it will be difficult for the sperm to enter the uterus, (3) preventing ovulation.  Some of the hormonal contraceptive available for women includes combined oral contraceptive pill, progesterone-only pill, contraceptive patches, injections, implants, vaginal contraceptive ring and intrauterine device (IUD).
Oral contraceptives are in a tablet form that has two types. First, the combined oral contraceptive pill (or “the pill”). It contains two hormones – progesterone and estrogen. The combined oral contraceptive can help manage menstrual cramps or pain (dysmenorrhea), iron-deficiency anemia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and ovarian and endometrial cancer. Second is progesterone-only pill (or the “mini pill”). This is recommended by the physicians if the woman is not suitable to take the combined pill. This is also safe for breastfeeding mothers.
The contraceptive patches are worn for three weeks on the upper arm, abdomen, hip, upper back or shoulder, and should be replaced weekly. During the fourth week, no patch is worn and the menstrual period occurs. Similar to oral contraceptives, skin patches contain estrogen and progesterone that is released in the bloodstream.
Injectable birth control is a hormone injection that contains estrogen and progesterone and provides long-lasting contraception. It is injected into the buttocks or upper arm once every three months. It prevents pregnancy immediately and is safe for breastfeeding mothers. However, long-acting injections can cause irregular periods.
An implant is made of narrow flexible rods and is inserted under the skin into the upper inner arm. It constantly releases progestin that provides three years protection from pregnancy. It is considered to be one of the most effective methods of birth control for it is of use within 24 hours of insertion. Side effects are mood changes, breast tenderness and headache.
Intrauterine devices are made of plastic T-shaped that is placed in the uterus. It releases progesterone that can protect from pregnancy for up to five years. Though it is not affected by other medicines, it can cause uterine infection in the first 20 days after insertion.
Hormonal birth control does not increase the risk of infertility. The effect of the contraception varies on some individual factors including the length of time to become pregnant after the use of hormonal method of birth control.

5 comments:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Ero for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month i was sick because of this, then i contacted eromosalelovespell@outlook.com for help, he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. then he cast a spell of return back of love on him. And he came back home and ask for forgiveness and today we are happy again,Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.eromosalelovespell@outlook.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195



    I really want to thank Dr Ero for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month i was sick because of this, then i contacted eromosalelovespell@outlook.com for help, he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. then he cast a spell of return back of love on him. And he came back home and ask for forgiveness and today we are happy again,Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.eromosalelovespell@outlook.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply concerned about the still increase in population of people living with HSV, HIV, CANCERS, HEPATITIS, STROKES in our society today because of ignorance, to be Frank all this big names are grammars. I saw comments of people DR UTU helped get rid of their diseases, with the increase in population of people living with various diseases and myself as a beneficiary to DR UTU traditional cure I thought I too should reach the world via comment. Many People believed traditional herbs are so primitive and some are even shy to purchase it in public. Some went as far as trashing the legendary name of herbal medicine hiding its numerous advantages and let publicly it disadvantage and yet makes it look big, all this are just for pharmaceutical gain. All pharmaceutical cure are derived from existing traditional herbal cure from ages.
    Yes! I'm here to tell the world the actual FACT! which is; there is herbal cure for herpes, Ebola, HIV, cancers, hepatitis, ulcers, asthma, pile, diabetes and many big names of diseases. all my career I've lived my life believing and making research on this, till I confirmed it four years ago. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! That among many real traditional herbalist Dr Nze Utu Njoku @ (drutuherbalcure) cures this diseases using African traditional herbs. After he cured me four years ago of genital herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and oral herpes patients to him and they are permanently cured. I'm Ethan Oliver from Australia and also a herbal dealer and lover. I'm also a researcher on herbs for good health. Which also include Africa traditional herbal treatment, I support Herbal treatment, cure and vaccines. My view is based on my extensive research over a very long period of time, and my conclusion is, there is cure to all natural diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, using the right medications with the right herbalist. Are you herpes positive and permanently want get rid of this disease or any of this big name diseases don't be scared to save yourself, contact Dr Utu for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart Don't be fooled by selfish people who say, cure is impossible.
    Dr UTU e-mail , 'drutuherbalcure@gmail.com'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Juliet Wagofony from Ukraine, may God Almighty continue to enrich you with more grace and power to save more of people's life with your powerful herbs Dr Chukwu Madu herbal home.You have saved my life from this dangerous virus (HIV/AIDS) that have been dealing with me for 6 years now, you are so great Sir. I am totally cured from HIV/AIDS some weeks ago after taking your great herbs as you prescribed it for me sir. Omg! You are so real doctor, I never believed you at first but now I am gladly testifying sir, you have cured so many people of their different virus and today am a living witness thank you so much [ dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ]. WhatsApp him on his direct contact [ +2347030936239 ] Remain blessed sir Juliet Mogofony from Ukraine.Viewers contact him for your dear life, he can cure all kinds of virus and sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete